It’s been a bit since I’ve written a skincare post. By a bit, I mean like a year. I finally have the urge to blog again and it feels great. So to kick things off, here is an updated skincare post. This is a good one because my skincare is the best it has ever been *hair flip*.
For several months my skin was in rough shape. I had persistent breakouts under my chin and jaw, blackheads by the plenty, and active breakouts on my cheeks. It was a dark time. I was using multiple products, picking at my face, and I think over-washing my face. I decided to narrow my products down to a select few, stop picking, and be gentle to my skin.
In the past, I had tried Clinique products without any luck. I don’t know why I decided to try Clinique again, but I’m glad I did. I decided to give the whole 3-step skincare a try along with some Sunday Riley products. Let’s stop there and talk about how I discovered Sunday Riley.
I discovered Sunday Riley through my Allure Beauty box subscription. Life changing folks, I love this beauty box so much I can’t even explain but I’ll try. Every month I go through a cheap phase where I cut off all services I think I can live without for a few weeks until I relapse.
I usually ditch Netflix, Hulu, or some other random small amount subscription I pay monthly. I have never once even considered canceling the Allure Beauty Box. It’s that good (in classic blogger fashion, here is my referral link. You will love it).
Ok so back to the routine. I’ve been using Clinique face wash, Clinique Toner (the pink one), Drunk Elephant Babyfacial, Clinique moisturizer, Sunday Riley Good Genes, Sunday Riley CEO Glow, and Sunday Riley A+ High-Dose Retinoid Serum. The routine goes like this:
I wash every morning and night with the Clinique face wash followed by:
- One time a week I use Drunk Elephant Babyfacial
- Every night I use one pump of Sunday Riley Good Genes
- If I feel extra oily, I’ll use toner
- followed by three drops of Sunday Riley CEO Glow
- in the daytime, I use Clinique moisturizer
- 2-3 days a week depending on how my skin feels (dry or oily), I use one pump of Sunday Riley A+ High-Dose Retinoid.
I’ve been following this routine (slight lie, I occasionally try out another product) over the past 3 months and so far my skin has drastically improved. For the first time in my life, I have no breakouts on my face, my tone is better, acne marks have faded, and my pores appear smaller because they’re cleaner. Each product has improved an area of my skin.
- Clinique face wash – gentle and cleans deeply without being overdrying
- Clinique Toner (the pink one) – helps to clear my pores and keep oil reduced
- Drunk Elephant Babyfacial – has improved my tone and texture dramatically
- Clinique moisturizer – keeps my skin hydrated and not too oily
- Sunday Riley Good Genes – has dramatically improved the tone, texture and overall clarity of my skin. I actually have a glow to my skin which is something I didn’t know was real.
- Sunday Riley CEO Glow – same improvements as Good Genes
- Sunday Riley A+ High-Dose Retinoid Serum – keeps my pores clear and has reduced blackheads